Today, jewelry is seen as a valuable, popular and the most elegant accessory for both men and women. Necklaces of leather cord are said to be one of the most popular jewelry. Jewelry maintenance is very important if you want to preserve the shine of their jewelry. Cleaning and maintaining leather cord chains can be a challenge for everyone and can lead to the purchase of specialized cleaning products that are very expensive.
Tips for maintaining your leather cord necklace
If it is handled properly, your leather cord necklace will last a long time. The most expensive types of leather chains are not treated, which means that they age nicely. They will also have the character of an expensive leather chain that is unique and distinctive. Here are some tips for maintaining your leather chain.
– Keep your chain in a cover of dust bags. Do not store it with other jewelry, especially metal. You also do not have to use a plastic bag to store your leather jewelry.
– If the weather conditions are bad and you have to go outside, do not wear your chain. Exposure to water or rain is not good for leather jewelry.
– Always wear your necklace after applying your make-up and perfume.
– Handle your chain with clean hands.
– If your leather necklace is an expensive one, it is worth the purchase of a quality leather protector spray.
– This will prevent the leather from cracking or drying out. It will also prevent the leather from staining.
– Use a soft, damp cloth to remove dirt from the necklace.
– Do not use detergent that contains oil, as oil can trap dirt and moisture and stain the leather.
– If your chain is stained, for example by coming into contact with cosmetic products, hair sprays or scents, consider cleaning it by a professional cleaner.
– To make your necklace look as good as possible, remove it when swimming or bathing.
– Remove your chain when you are engaged in strenuous activities because leather tends to absorb perspiration and if it does, it will quickly lose its natural beauty.
– Avoid contact with liquids, aerosols, chemical dips, as they may discolour and may even damage the leather.
– Use soft flannel bags to store your leather chain.
To slow down the degradation process, it is advisable to keep the leather chain in a tight container to protect it from moisture. Although chains made of leather cord seem at first glance to be very difficult to maintain, they can even be maintained for years without scratches or damage appearing, and this can be achieved through proper care and attention.