You may not have thought about grilling beef on a panini maker, but it can be done. With the right technique you can make delicious and juicy steak. The best part is that panini removes grills from excess fat. It takes 4 to 10 minutes to cook depending on the thickness of the stick. So grilling beef on a Panini press is healthy, tasty and fast. What's better than that. Here is a recipe that you may want to try.
1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
1 large chopped clove of garlic
1 teaspoon of coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup of extra virgin oil
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
4 sirloin steaks of about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick
1. Place the steaks in a non-reactive frying pan.
2. Put salt and garlic in a mixing bowl and mix the whole. Add the red wine vinegar, lemon zest and lemon juice and whisk until all the salt has dissolved. Slowly add the olive oil, oregano and pepper.
3. Pour half of the marinade over the meat and turn both sides. Keep the rest of the marinade for stringing and serving. Let the steak marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
4. Pour the steaks well. Preheat the grill to the highest setting. Place the drip tray under the front of the grill. Lightly oil the surface of the grill surface. Place the steak on the grill and close the lid. The steak will be done for 6 to 10 minutes.
5. While grilling the steak, baste it along with some of the remaining marinade. Turn the steak and grate both sides with the marinade.
6. Place the steak on a plate and scoop the rest of the marinade and serve hot.
This recipe gives you an idea of how to grill beef on a Panini press, the rest is up to you. You can use your imagination to make your own marinades and sauces to dress up your grilled steak. Lots of fun!
You may be amazed that your Panini maker can do much more than make Panini sandwiches. It can grill fish and chicken and with the right technique they come out juicy and delicious. You can even grill your vegetables and they also come out great. The best part is cleaning up is easy. The only thing you normally need to do is wipe the grill surface with a chute. Make sure you do that before the grill gets cold.